It’s a fully unregulated industry, so anyone can hang out their shingle and make a go of it. More power to them? Well, maybe not. While we all love a big-hearted dog walker, when you get right down to it, love for dog’s just isn’t enough to avoid socialization mishaps and to keep your dog safe day after day.
Professional Certified dog walkers have studied:
- Canine learning theory
- Body language
- Aggression and its prevention
- Group management and composition
- Prey-drive related behavior
- Reward based basic obedience training
Professional certified dog walkers implement safety protocols:
- Preparation for emergencies with response plans
- Car manners and safety
- Canine first-aid certified
Because you want to know that your beloved family member is in the most capable hands, with a professional who understands dog behavior and group dynamics, and can keep him safe.